Saturday, January 31, 2009

Priyamani-31-This is Priyamani

If you have seen director Madan’s 'Pellaina Kothalo', perhaps you will never forget Priyamani, who plays an innocent girl trying to dominate her husband with the influence of her friend. It may be her first film in Telugu, nevertheless the film is racing towards hundred days.

Attired in a black T-shirt and a pair of blue jeans, the actress opens up her heart...

'Katradhu Tamizh' Ram's next
Diwali in Suburbs
Rajini Still In A Dilemma!
அஜீத் பேட்டி?
ராம் இயக்கத்தில் சேரன்?
கமல் பாராட்டிய டைட்டில்்

One who has seen her onscreen can’t take note of her immediately. Ask her the same she replies, "Now you can see, this is what the actual Priyamani is,"' she tells.

"My film 'Paruthi Veeran' (directed by Ameer) which has been released in Tamil is doing well," beams Priyamani.

"When I called up Bharatiraja sir, he complimented me saying that I have grown up as an actress. What more can I ask for?" she discloses.

'Paruthi Veeran' is running well in Tamil. But according to directors, they have not seen such a film in the last 15 years," joins her mother Latamani.

Born and brought up in Bangalore, the Malayali belle has a first hand experience of a serene village atmosphere only in 'Paruthi Veeran' where she plays a village girl.

Priya candidly admits that she is a family girl and doesn’t like partying. "I won't go to pubs and parties. In other words, I can say I am not allowed to go out by my father. Mostly, I prefer to stay back at home whenever I am free and like to spend time with my parents," she reveals. Her father is a mechanical engineer who runs a factory producing precision machine tools for automobiles, and her brother helps her father.

So far Priya has done seven films in Tamil, Malayalam and Telugu since her plunge into the glamour world from first modelling for Lakshmi Silks in Chennai in 2002. For Priyamani, movies just happened. "I would have been into hotel management or became an air hostess, had I not entered the world of cinema," says the actress.

Another interesting thing is she knows all the south Indian languages, of course, besides Hindi and English and to some extent she is a bookworm. "I love reading books. I have read Dan Brown’s 'Da Vinci Code', 'Deception Point' and 'Angels and Demons' and the few works of Jeffrey Archer."

Surfing the net, dancing, travelling and listening to music keeps the actress busy. Unlike many newcomers who start off with young directors, Priya's debut happened with legendary director Bharatiraja's 'Kangalal Kaithu Sei' and followed by Balu Mahendra's both legends in their own right. "After working with them, I felt like I have come out of an acting school," she says.

Has Priya ever fallen in love? "Like every college girl, I too had such feelings. But the response should come from the other side too," she asks and adds, "It is not fair if girls go and express their intent. The guys should come and convey their mind, but all this was when I was in college. Now I don’t have time for it," she says.

Priya, who is in her final year of B.A. Psychology, is currently doing Telugu films 'Yamadonga' where she plays a simple, homely girl.

"'Toss', I can say, is a challenging role," says the actress, declining to reveal more.

Is marriage is on the cards? "I can’t think of it for at least another five to six years. First let me get a boyfriend, then I will think of it," winds up the actress.

No comments:

My Blog List